Pages

Saturday, May 9, 2009

DUBIOUS DALC-STUDENTS CONTRACT

LOOK KEENLY AT THE ITEMS HIGHLIGHTED IN RED. DALC STUDENTS HAVE SIMPLY GIVEN AWAY ALL THEIR RIGHTS IN THIS LOPSIDED CONTRACT. PLEASE NOTE THAT THE CONTRACT DOES NOT PROVIDE THE DEFINITIONS OF WHAT IS AN EXAMINATION BODY IN THIS CONTRACT. CAMBRIDGE ASSOCIATION OF MANAGERS AND OXFORD ASSOCIATION OF MANAGEMENT ARE NOT LEGAL ENTITIES IN THE FIRST PLACE. AND THEY ARE NOT EXAMINATION BODIES. THIS CONTRACT IS DUBIOUS!!

THE STUDENT CONTRACT

 

As a student of DALC, I have carefully read and understood the "Student Handbook", & "Academic Manual" contents I now sign below my understanding and commitment to the same. All issues have been clarified before signing.

Particular attention will be expected, but not limited, to the following areas:

  1. I have read and understood the student's Code of Conduct as contained in the Student Handbook, and remain bound by the same.  Further, I declare that I will accept any other rule or regulation as may be reasonably introduced from time to time.
  2. I am committed to reading displayed notices and taking to parents/sponsors/guardians/self all written or verbal information from DALC and this will remain my responsibility.
  3. I will read Examination Body regulations that have been displayed and in particular will not be involved in any acts of cheating in examinations. I understand that this will lead to automatic disqualification from examinations and discontinuation from DALC. Further I accept responsibility for the choice of course undertaken.
  4. I will read and note the Internal and External Examination Body Examination dates and time and will be responsible for any omissions or negligence.
  5. I understand that repeated failure to meet the expected standards of my academic course, failure to submit assignments on time and absenteeism from class will lead to automatic discontinuation from DALC, at my (student's) cost.
  6. I will read and note the deadlines for Internal and External Examination Body's set Assignments / Projects and will hold myself responsible for not submitting on time. I understand that my assignment / project may not be sent to Examination Body if it does not meet the expected standards (internally or External Examination Body defined) or submitted late.
  7. I understand that it is my duty to register with the International/External Exam body and also pay for examinations. Also, I am aware that late examination fees may not be accepted by Examination Body for the particular exam session or a late entry fee may be charged. I do also understand that examination fees payable are subject to change by the International/External Examination body  and I will not hold DALC responsible for such changes.
  8. I will endeavour to be punctual and regular for all my lessons as per the Academic Code of Conduct and Ethics Act on Punctuality and Absenteeism described in the Student Handbook.
  9. I will provide all necessary feedback to DALC regarding my lessons and specifically, I will sign the schemes of work sheet to indicate my understanding of a unit or chapter for each lesson I attend. I will also sign comments from my tutors regarding particular assessments and will make sure that I make corrections as mutually agreed between the tutor and myself. In this regard all complaints relating to lessons must be in writing and sent directly to Head of Missions Office and a copy of the submitted letter must be signed and stamped as evidence of having been submitted within 5 days of occurrence. This should apply only in cases which require attention of Head of Missions. Other cases should follow clause 11 below.
  10. I will ensure that all resources provided are kept in good condition and will make productive use of them. I understand that I may be required to purchase additional resources for my own use and will pay for losses or damages.
  11. I will follow proper procedures for making queries e.g. complaints, getting examination results, getting refunds, etc . The correct channel is: Your tutor then Centre Manager and finally Customer Relations Manager/Dean of Students. If this does not work, then send the complaints directly to Head of Missions as in 9 above. All complaints must be in writing and must be received within 5 days of occurrence.
  12. I have read and understood DALC's policy on refunds as contained in the student Handbook. In particular, I have noted that no refunds are available except for tuition fees if written notice is given within 48 hours of payment. No fees can be refunded after 48 hours of payment.
  13. I understand that DALC is NOT a university but a teaching centre institution committed to academic excellence and meeting international standards, which I will endeavor to keep. Candidates complete professional diploma courses which are upgradeable to bachelors or masters degree through credit transfers in university of a candidate's choice and according to that university's admission policy and qualification index.
  14. Whilst every care will be taken to ensure your safety, DALC accepts no responsibility in the event of any injury/mishap or loss occurring to you on or outside her premises.
  15. I understand that I will make my own travel and accommodation arrangements including additional course requirements e.g. photocopies, extra books, etc. Therefore I will not hold DALC responsible for any of these.
  16. Further, DALC reserves the right to discontinue its collaboration with one Examination body and also register with a new body that meets its Mission and Vision. In this regard DALC may review the contents of Student Handbook or The Academic Manual In such cases I will not make any claims from DALC. The International Examination bodies may change their curriculum without notice.
 

Please acknowledge and sign below in acceptance of the above terms and conditions. 

DECLARATION 

I____________________________________________________________________________ STUDENT NO._________________________

AND ID NO. /PPT NO. __________________________________ HEREBY CONFIRM THAT I HAVE DONE AS ABOVE AND REMAIN BOUND BY THE SAME.

SIGNATURE ______________________________________________________   DATE _________________________________________ 

CAMPUS _________________________________________COURSE CODE ___________________________ FORM NUMBER ________

0 comments:

Post a Comment